Buying real estate is about the biggest financial commitment and decision you will ever have to make. However, it is also an exciting turning point, one that will almost certainly make the most impact on your lifestyle.
For many it will be something never done before. Selecting the right property, in the right area, organising finance and negotiating the sale - it can be a little daunting.
Yet it is not as complicated as you may think and there are many ways Betty Kay Realty can help.
- Speak with your financier to arrange the best loan to suit your needs.
- Prepare a short list of preferred properties that suit your lifestyle, bearing in mind affordability and accommodation requirements.
- Develop a relationship with one of our professional Sales Consultants, Your Sales Consultant will be able to advise you of any additional information you may need and also inform you of any new listings that hit the market before they are advertised.
It's also a good idea to register with us as a Priority Buyer to receive free SMS and / or email alerts about all new properties listed in your preferred suburbs and price ranges.
- When you find a property that suits your requirements, ask your agent to send a copy of the sale contract to your solicitor or conveyancer or alternatively register online to have a contract emailed to you.
- Following your solicitors or conveyancers advice on the sale contract, and taking into consideration the building report, you are now able to make an informed decision to proceed with the purchase of the property.
- Once negotiations have been finalised, you will be required to sign the sale contract and pay a 10% deposit. Your deposit will be held in a trust account until settlement. Contracts will then be unconditionally exchanged.
- On settlement day it is advisable that you do a final inspection before settlement takes place. This is to ensure that the property is in the same condition as when you last inspected it and that all the inclusions are as per the contract you signed.