Home Sellers' Guide
There are many reasons for wanting to sell your home – perhaps you are starting a family and need an upgrade, or have an empty nest and it’s time to downsize. Whatever the reason, getting the best real estate advice and understanding the market will help you maximise your sale price and minimise your stress.
It’s important to make sure your property looks its best from the moment it goes onto the market.
Here are our top tips for presenting your property for the market:
- Pavement appeal: Make sure the front of your property looks appealing and inviting with a weed-free garden and some attractive pot plants.
- Clean and bright: Before every viewing give your property a once-over, ensuring that windows are clean inside and out – it’s surprising how much difference it makes to the light.
- Cut the clutter: You want the prospective buyer to be able to imagine their own belongings in the property, so de-clutter to keep things tidy. Less clutter will also help make rooms appear larger.
- Fix it: From leaking taps to a broken bulb, make sure the minor repairs are taken care of. A lick of paint will freshen scuffs and scrapes in the woodwork. Basic maintenance work will help to ensure buyers don’t find any faults.
- Freshen up: Get rid of smoke or pet odours. Open the windows, brew some fresh coffee and brighten the place up with fresh flowers.
- Lighten up: Increase the sense of space with mirrors and lights and leave all internal doors open.
- Pets: Always clean and tidy up after your pets and take them out of the property during open times.
- Warmth: Create warmth by preparing your home to suit the temperature of the day. If it’s cold, light fires, turn on heaters. If it’s hot, turn on fans and cooling systems